Properfy.com.au Pty Ltd (properfy.com.au) operates the following websites across desktop, mobile, tablet and apps (including any subdomains):
RESPECTING INFORMATION PRIVACY
We recognise the importance of protecting personal information. We do not collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act“), such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information.
In collecting and handling personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Act, including the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs“), and applicable privacy regulations.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Properfy.com.au may collect personal information about you including, but not limited to your name, address, phone number, email, gender, occupation, personal interests and any other information provided. For some services and products, properfy.com.au may also collect your personal information to enable verification of your identity, including information from your passport, driver’s licence, and health care and concession cards. If you access any of our services through a social
network site such as Facebook, we will collect limited information provided to us by that social network site, such as user name, site ID and email address.
If you submit personal information to us in relation to an employment opportunity, we may also collect information about your employment and academic history.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on the Websites via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You acknowledge that the personal information you provide us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
properfy.com.au may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources including, but not limited to:
- registering to use the Websites or parts of them through an online portal account;
- logging in to use our Websites via your social networking site (“SNS“) account;
- subscribing to receive Alerts/e-brochures and filling in forms, applications, surveys or research, participating in promotions and competitions on the Websites or websites of our service providers;
- contacting us or our service providers for any reason including, but not limited to, reporting a problem with the Websites, requesting further services or seeking our assistance;
- posting or contributing material on our Websites; and
- applying for an employment opportunity with us directly, via an SNS site (eg. LinkedIn) or through your nominated referees.
We may also collect your personal information through our related bodies corporate, our service providers and third parties so that we may provide a better or more relevant service or product to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
More specifically, properfy.com.au may use personal information which it has collected to:
- ensure that content from the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide a better or more relevant service or product to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on the Websites when you make enquiries;
- personalise and customise your services, experience, advertising and content that you view and engage with on the Websites or the websites of properfy.com.au service providers and business partners;
- respond to or provide you with service, products, information and assistance that you request from properfy.com.au;
- contact you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services or the Websites;
- verify your identity when you register or log into our Websites via your SNS account and remind you of your password and username;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- help carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notify you about changes to our products and services.
If all or part of this information is not provided, we may not be able to provide these services.
USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
- use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you; and
- share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
If we do contact you by using your personal information in accordance with either of the above, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future.
We may also, if you request us to by opting-in through your Client Portal Login, share your information with third parties so they may contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate, service providers or business partners.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers, so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or products or services that you have requested directly from them, or to help us to provide you with our products or services. If you have subscribed to a service through the operating system on your mobile device (including, but not limited to Google’s “Google Now” service), we will disclose information such as your search history to Google. You can opt out of us providing such information to Google through the operating system on your mobile device;
- to third parties where you have requested information, services or products from them (eg through using properfy.com.au Client Portal Login;
- in conjunction with a sale or similar transfer of a business;
- relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
DISCLOSURE AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
Personal information submitted by properfy.com.au customers and visitors to our Websites may be held on servers located in Australia or in the data centres of outsourced data processors with data centres in Australia, the United States of America, Europe and Asia. We transfer data outside of Australia to our service providers in order to obtain secure storage, back-up and data retrieval services and to provide services. Properfy.com.au has implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data with its related companies and has verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to store your personal information outside of Australia for the purposes described above.
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, we may also share your personal information with our service providers and other third parties located outside Australia so that they can provide you with any products or services requested by you, including contacting you in relation to the products or services. As these entities are located outside of Australia, they are not required to comply with the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek any redress under the Privacy Act in connection with the use of your information.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information we collect. We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
CORRECTION AND ACCESS
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date, any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or you would like to review and confirm the accuracy of your personal information, you can contact us through the appropriate sources listed under the ‘Contact Us’ tab on our home page.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us through the appropriate sources listed under the ‘Contact Us’ tab on our home page.
Properfy.com.au is committed to providing its customers with a fair and responsible system for the handling of complaints.
If at any time you have any concerns, complaints or questions in relation to your privacy or the operation of properfy.com.au, please contact us through the appropriate sources listed under the ‘Contact Us’ tab on our home page.
Our Privacy Officer will consider your query and endeavour to respond to you promptly.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We may combine our cookies, information collected through the cookies and web beacons on the with other information (including information collected by third parties using their own cookies and web beacons and providing our cookies and informationto third parties) and use analytics services such as Firebase Analytics – to provide better or more relevant services and advertising to you on the Website and third party websites. Our service providers and other third parties may do the same in order to provide more relevant services and advertising to you through other websites that you may visit.
APPLICATIONS, WIDGETS OR LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Last updated 19th November 2017